Phone advice wanted
My trusty old 6310i is giving up the ghost so I need a new phone. And I might as well combine it with a PDA. Being a long-term Palm user I'm inclined to go for the Treo 680 (or whatever is the studliest Palm OS version is - not Windows because I'm not stupid).
Specific questions I'd like answers to, and which I can't find on Palm's webshite, are:
- Can the mail client talk imap(s) and smtp, or is it crippled by being MS-ware only?
- Can the web browser do the Google Maps dance?
- How zoomy is the interwebnet connection?
- Is there a decent ssh client and terminal emulator?
- What's battery life like when (and when not) using it as a phone?
- And of course, is it any good and where should I get it from?
Your time starts now, please use both sides of the paper.