mod_bandwidth for teh win!!!!
Most of you will not be aware that I run a mirror at home of recent episodes of The Linux Link Tech Show. Whenever there's a new episode, or they get slashdotted, my DSL gets hammered which means that I get a really sucky slow connection for anything I want to do to the rest of the world.
So a few weeks ago I installed and configured mod_bandwidth. It didn't appear to work and I left it until later to fix it. I have now fixed it, by the simple expedient of turning it on by HUPping Apache.
I've not imposed much of a restriction - the tllts mirror can eat up to about 97% of what's available, leaving just enough for me to do important things like ssh to this 'ere web sewer of mine and witter in my journal.